E-Greetings from the Allergy Advocacy Association
Summer greetings! We are pleased to announce we will once again be joining the Rochester Red Wings for FOOD ALLERGY AWARENESS DAY at Frontier Field on Sunday, July 31st at 1:35pm. We will dedicate a new ‘Peanut Aware Section’ of seating and passing out information to help educate the public on how we can all play a part in keeping those with life-threatening allergies safe.
On that note, if you see anyone showing the following symptoms they may be experiencing anaphylaxis:
- Hives, itching and/or skin redness
- Swelling of the tongue, lips or throat
- Breathing difficulty, wheezing or coughing
- Stomach cramps or vomiting or diarrhea
- Feeling faint / drop in blood pressure (If only this 1 symptom, it is still anaphylaxis.)
- High anxiety or feelings of mortal peril.
When in doubt, play it safe and call 911. Try to find out if the person carries an epi-pen and administer it. If he or she is not breathing, start CPR and continue until help arrives.
Read on for some wonderful news about the Emergency Allergy Treatment Act!