Your New York State legislators need to hear from you why allergy friendly legislation is so important to our communities. As you know, your friends and family are part of the following:
* 32 million Americans have life-threatening food allergies*
* 5.6 million of those are children
* Twenty-five to 30 percent of all anaphylaxis fatalities occur with no previous history of allergies+
* From 2007 to 2016 EMS diagnoses of anaphylactic food reactions rose 377%
Based on conversations with many advocates in New York and other states, here are the pieces of legislation we be discussing.
- Teacher Training. To build on the success of School Authorize Stock Epinephrine and School Bus Driver legislation, teacher training is the next logical step. The proposed legislation requires newly certified teachers to be trained in the use of epinephrine auto injectors. (A523 / S587).
- Sesame Labelling. This leglslation builds on FARE's success in getting the FASTER act through both chambers and ready for the President's signature in aligning New York State food labelling laws. (A4486 / S454).
- Require insurance to cover epinephrine auto injectors for those 18 and under. This has been introduced in the Assembly and we'll be seeking a Senate sponsor. (A3324)
- What would you like to advocate for?