The Mission of the Allergy Advocacy Association
The Allergy Advocacy Association is dedicated to helping in the prevention of anaphylaxis thru AWARENESS, ALERTNESS & ACTION.
- The mission of our association is to help inform, educate and raise awareness of the public at large and at-risk individuals to allergies and anaphylaxis.
- Anaphylaxis is a potentially dangerous allergic reaction that might threaten a person’s life. Anyone can become a victim of anaphylaxis after they have been exposed once before to any particular allergen. Any subsequent exposure can be dangerous.
- Our association will act as a web-based clearing-house for information on the dangers of untreated allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock.
- We will act as an open public forum for new ideas and the latest innovations for treatment of these illnesses.
- We will seek a leadership role in shaping the direction of public advocacy on related issues and initiatives in the fields of medicine, treatment and legislation.
“Not another life lost to anaphylaxis - not another life lost to
ANY life-threatening allergies!”
From our Backyard to Yours
Based in Rochester, New York, the Allergy Advocacy Association was founded as a non-profit organization to help educate people at the local level about this growing public health concern. We provide a variety of services including informational booths at health fairs and instructional speakers and materials to groups large and small.