August 2021 e-news Issue
Though the sun is still shining and it’s still warm outside, like it or not, summer is coming to a close and fall is on the way.
And with fall comes our annual Action Awards Celebration.
Our annual event will be held WEDNESDAY, October 20th at 7pm VIRTUALLY via our website.
This year we will honor Kirsi Jarvinen-Seppo MD, director of the Center for Food Allergy at Golisano Children’s Hospital and Maya Konoff, a college activist advocate with food allergies in downstate New York.
Both Kirsi and Maya have performed exemplary acts of service aiding individuals at risk for anaphylaxis.
So stay tuned for more information. We hope you will be able to join us for a fun-filled evening celebration honoring our award winners.
In this issue you will read more about:
- Legislation helping those with life threatening allergies; our achievements and our goals
- Ways and means helping consumers to lower their costs for epinephrine auto-injector (EAI) devices
- A new study looking at the importance of accurate packaged food labeling and ways to help lessen confusion for people with food allergies
- Research for better understanding the origin of allergies in newborns and children.
FREE is always the BEST price! You can have Anaphylaxis Emergency Training direct from the internet into your home or office at NO COST to you or your organization!
Our Epi Near You NY anaphylaxis emergency training program is now VIRTUAL!
Our association would help provide:
- Free state approved training presentation
- New York State recognized certification
- Assistance for public entities to obtain a non-patient specific prescription for emergency epinephrine
Best wishes to all our readers from everyone at the Allergy Advocacy Association!